DATE LAST MODIFIED: April 2, 2014
A Special Note About Children. Children are not eligible to use our Services and we ask that minors (under the age of 13) do not submit any personal information to us or use the Services. Unearth the World does not collect or maintain information from those actually known to be under the age of 13, and no part of Unearth the World’s website, the Application or Services is structured to attract anyone under the age of 13. Other age restrictions may be set forth in Unearth the World’s Terms of Service from time to time.
Important Categories of Information for you to Know:
- Who we are
- Information we may collect at the Website or through the Application
- How your information is used
- Altering the information you submit through the Website and/or Application\
1. Who We Are. Unearth the World operates a website located at www.unearththeworld.com and the Application, through which (i) information, photographs, projects, profiles and other types of content are made available to travelers, volunteers, volunteer organizations and other visitors to the Website and/or users of the Application, and (ii) Website visitors and Application Users can communicate with one another and generally learn about travel and/or volunteer opportunities.
2. Information We Collect. There are several areas on the Website and/or within the Application where you may be asked to enter both personal and non-personal information. In addition, when you use the Application Unearth the World automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser or mobile platform, including your IP address and location. We treat this data as non-personal information for purposes of providing the Services, except where we are required to treat it as personal information under applicable law. We DO NOT sell or share any personal information about you to or with any person or organization except for the Permitted Uses. In addition, and not in limitation of the foregoing, information you enter at the Website and/or which passes through the Application may be shared with third party service providers and/or advertisers with which Unearth the World has entered into a business relationship in order to provide the Services. In addition, Unearth the World may sell or disclose information gathered on the Website or within the Application to third parties on an aggregated basis.
(a) Information we receive from you. To use certain of Unearth the World’s Services, you’ll need to provide certain personal information which may include, without limitation, your name, address, birthday, travel background, volunteer background, phone number, credit card information, Facebook, Twitter and/or other social network user names, e-mail address, information regarding your cell phone or mobile device and other information.
(b) Technical information we collect. In order for Unearth the World to ensure that we are providing the best possible consumer experience on the Website and within the Application, we collect and track certain user information. When you visit the Website, our Web server sends a cookie to your computer. This cookie stores a limited amount of information about your site visit. The cookie tracks aggregate information on how our site is being used, including session counts, navigation patterns, pages visited, etc. These cookies, however, do not store any personally identifiable information such as your name, email address or phone number as you browse the site. When you submit a question, we store your cookie identification in our system. This cookie allows our site to recognize you when you return. Unearth the World may also utilize Web Logs to track aggregate information about how our Website and/or the Application is being used. Web Logs track anonymous user information, including the number of visitors to the Website, operating systems, Internet Provider addresses (if publicly available), and browser type. Unlike cookies, Web Logs are maintained only on Unearth the World servers and do not store or place anything on the user’s computer. In addition, Unearth the World may make user information available in connection with various third party analytics and/or similar tools such as, by way of example, Google Analytics.
If you come to the Unearth the World Website from an online banner ad, an anonymous identification number may be passed to the Website. This information cannot be used to gather any personally identifiable information about you. It will only allow us to track the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, marketing and banner advertisement campaigns.
(c) Other Information we get from your use of the Services. We may collect information about the Services that you use and how you use them. This information includes:
- Device information
We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number).
- Location information
When you use the Service, we may collect and process information about your actual location, such as GPS signals sent by a mobile device. We may also use various technologies to determine location, some of which may be made available through third party licensors.
(d) Information from surveys. You may have the option of completing an online survey at the Website or within the Application from time to time. Participation in surveys is completely voluntary and it is your choice whether or not you wish to disclose your personal information to us in connection with any such survey.
(e) Information from the “Contact Us” section of the Website or Application. You may contact Unearth the World through the “Contact Us” feature. Participation in this area is completely voluntary and it is your choice whether or not you wish to disclose your personal information to us.
(f) Information collected other sections of the Website or Application. Unearth the World may, from time to time, make various resources available to you at the Website or within the Application. At times we may collect personal information in connection with providing such services.
3. How your information is used. We use the information you provide to provide the applicable Services to you, either directly or through third party service providers. Unearth the World may also share certain aggregated data with other third parties for general marketing and demographic purposes; however, this data does not include any of your personal identifying information. Some of our Services may be offered in conjunction with partner companies, affiliates or other companies or websites with which we work. In order for us to provide these Services to you, it may be necessary for us to share your personal information with one of such entities. These parties are not allowed to use personally identifiable information except for the purpose of providing these Services. If you do not want your data to be shared, you can choose not to allow the transfer by not using that particular Service. In addition, information and/or data you post to the Website and/or within the Application will be made available publicly, including to other users of the Website and/or Application.
In addition, Unearth the World may disclose account or other personal information when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with Unearth the World’s rights or property, other Website or Application users or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities.
4. Altering Information You Submit.
(a) Deleting your information. Federal and state regulations may require that we store questions or submissions for various periods of time. In order to comply with these regulations, we may be unable to delete information from our databases.
(b) Altering Information. Unearth the World may alter, modify or delete any information you submit to the Website or through the Application if it believes, in its sole discretion, it is necessary or desirable to do so.
(c) Request to stop receiving emails from us. Periodically, Unearth the World may send you emails to alert you to various opportunities or offers available at the Website or within the Application. If you do not wish to receive any of these offers, please send an e-mail to email@example.com to remove yourself from our mailing list.
Unearth the World uses extensive and sophisticated secure technology to protect your data and transmissions between you and Unearth the World. Although Unearth the World has taken these reasonable and appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information is delivered and disclosed only in accordance with your instructions, Unearth the World cannot and does not guarantee that the personal information you provide will not be intercepted by others and decrypted.
We may, in the future, sell or otherwise transfer some or all of our assets or equity to a third party. Your personally identifiable information and other information we obtain from you via the Website or the Application may be disclosed to any potential or actual third party purchasers of such assets or equity and may be among the assets transferred.
The Company does not respond to Do Not Track signals and/or other mechanisms that provide consumer choice about tracking.
PLEASE PRINT AND RETAIN A COPY OF THIS AGREEMENT FOR YOUR RECORDS.